Edema After Rhinoplasty…
Rhinoplasty operations are based on two fundamental elements. The first is aesthetic appearance, and the second is natural appearance. When these two components are applied successfully, postoperative patient satisfaction will also increase. The expectation from rhinoplasty is much higher because the nose is in the middle of the face. Even tiny details after the operation may have the risk of creating dissatisfaction.
Swelling and edema that may occur after rhinoplasty is a temporary factors that may cause dissatisfaction. This article will answer the most curious questions, such as what awaits you after rhinoplasty surgery and how to relieve swelling and edema.
At Mehmet Durmusoglu Clinic, our greatest motivation is the self-confident smiles of our patients who achieve the aesthetic results they expect. We want you to know that we are meticulous before, during, and after rhinoplasty to reproduce these smiles.
The nose is the leading actor of our respiratory system, and the slightest problem we experience there can directly affect our comfort in life. We perform a surgical operation on such an essential organ during rhinoplasty. As with any surgical procedure, some temporary situations may occur after rhinoplasty, and you may be out of your comfort for a short time.
Swelling and edema that may occur after rhinoplasty is a highly normal process. The road to a happy end may go through some swelling and edema.
- What awaits us after rhinoplasty?
- How long do swelling and edema last after rhinoplasty?
- Are there ways to reduce swelling and edema after rhinoplasty?
Getting Ready for Rhinoplasty
You are not satisfied with your nose’s appearance or have physical problems. After long research, you have finally decided to have rhinoplasty surgery. It is a fact that the decision-making process is more challenging than we have written here; we know this very well.
On the other hand, if you accept that it will take some time to make a permanent change in your face, you can manage the post-operative process correctly. However, it will be essential to get information about all the details from your doctor in advance, know what kind of process you will face, and be cautious.
Half of the success after surgery is possible with pre-operative preparations. Therefore, you should carefully follow all the recommendations of your doctor. At Mehmet Durmusoglu Clinic, we are with you to relax before rhinoplasty and to prepare for the surgery with the most accurate information.
Healing Process After Rhinoplasty
You got rid of all worries and had a rhinoplasty. You are closer to achieving the look you have dreamed of. Next is the healing process, requiring patience. The preparations you made before the surgery will help you.
It is helpful to protect yourself for a few weeks following rhinoplasty surgery. Although it does not develop in the same way in every patient, mild to moderate bruising, swelling, and edema may develop on your face. Although pain is not usually felt, a slight tingling in the nose may accompany all these. Your daily comfort may be affected for a few days.
Knowing that these possible situations are incredibly standard, you should help the process go for the better. The edema on your face will visibly decrease in the first few weeks, and it may take 6-12 months for the nasal edema and swelling to disappear entirely after rhinoplasty. This situation is different for everyone; some patients may take much less time to recover.
Reasonable care is essential for reducing edema in the face area. Strictly following your doctor’s recommendations in this direction will help you get through the process more quickly. Moreover, precautions such as:
- Switching to a salt-free diet
- Performing some massages under the supervision of a doctor,
- Cold compress applications after surgery,
- Resting the head above the heart level
- Cessation of some drugs and smoking before surgery,
Help alleviate swelling, bruising, and edema after rhinoplasty. Please note that at Mehmet Durmusoglu Clinic, we will be with you during your recovery process after rhinoplasty.
What You Must Know for the Post-Rhinoplasty Process
- Ice application on the nose at regular intervals for 24 hours after rhinoplasty surgery will be beneficial in preventing bruising and swelling.
- For the first seven days after rhinoplasty, lying down with your head elevated at 45 degrees will provide rapid recovery.
- Increases intracranial pressure; Situations such as bending forward, coughing, sneezing, and straining increase the leakage from the nose and can cause bleeding, albeit rare. Keeping your mouth open in such a situation will prevent the pressure from rising. If bleeding occurs, you should report the case to our clinic.
- It is essential to take the painkillers prescribed for you regularly to reduce the feeling of pain after rhinoplasty.
- You should rest nicely on the day the tampons are removed after rhinoplasty. You should use your prescribed intranasal care medications with extreme caution, as your doctor has described.
- When your cast is removed in the post-rhinoplasty period, you will see your nose as swollen as it can be. This is normal! Please don’t get frustrated. These swellings will gradually decrease as the capillaries re-form in the area.
- After 5-7 days following the rhinoplasty surgery, you can travel by plane.
- After rhinoplasty, your sense of smell may decrease for about 6-12 weeks, which is a normal process; your smell will return to normal over time.
- After rhinoplasty, it is customary to see nasal congestion and difficulty breathing, excess skin on the back of the nose, numbness at the tip of the nose, and asymmetries in the nostrils. This condition can last up to 3-6 months and resolves spontaneously.
- Glasses can be used two months after rhinoplasty.
- Two weeks after the rhinoplasty operation, you can go swimming if you do not have an extra personal problem. Your nose skin should not be exposed to direct sunlight for three months. During this period, it will be helpful to use sunscreen and a hat.
- Although there is no problem in taking a warm bath after rhinoplasty, you should stay away from hammams, saunas, solariums, and excessively sunny environments for about three months.
- After rhinoplasty, you should be extremely careful not to get hard blows to your nose for at least three months. However, there is no harm in touching your nose.
- Recovery after rhinoplasty and getting the desired shape of the nose may take 6-12 months. Therefore, do not consider the criticisms and comments made by your close circle. Wait patiently and faithfully to see the final shape of your nose.
What is the price of rhinoplasty surgery?
Although the cost of getting your dream nose is priceless, you can ask questions such as “How much is the price of rhinoplasty surgery?” in today’s economic conditions. However, since the aesthetic operations are made individually, it is unfortunately impossible to specify an exact price here. You can get detailed information and price offer about rhinoplasty by contacting Mehmet Durmusoglu Clinic.
Finally, by stating that there is no effortless beauty, we recommend you not worry about swelling, bruising, or edema that may occur after rhinoplasty. Our clinic will be with you with all its possibilities throughout this process and will care to keep your comfort at the highest level. Hope to meet you on a beautiful day and in good health!